YOUNG CAR MECHANIC
International competition for students of
secondary technical schools
REGLAMENT OF CONTEST
“YOUNG CAR MECHANIC 2020”
YOUNG CAR MECHANIC contest is competition for students of vocational education institutions that evaluates professional and technical skills of future carmechanics.
Goals of YOUNG CAR MECHANIC contest.
- To promote and develop significance of professional education, rise the popularity of car mechanic profession;
- To promote cooperation between employers and educational institutions, as well as to acquaint students with the latest technologies and future employers;
- To promote the exchange of experience between vocational education institutions and teachers;
- Promote the profession of car mechanic and enable contestants to demonstrate knowledge, skills and abilities in their chosen profession;
- To promote cooperation between Inter Cars and vocational education institutions;
- To establish link between future professionals and leading producers on automotive market;
- To create common principles for contest organization, skills evaluation and contest promotion in all particiapting IC countries.
Organizer of YOUNG CAR MECHANIC contest.
Inter Cars S.A. is main organizer of contest and/or separate its parts.
European cooperators, local authorities, educational institutions and other partners of involved countries are / can be co-organizers of contest and/or separate its parts.
Abbreviations and terms used.
YCM – YOUNG CAR MECHANIC contest
IF – International Final
NF – National Final
YCM ot – YOUNG CAR MECHANIC contest organizational team
1st stage – theoretical test
2nd stage – theoretical or theoretical & practical test
3rd stage – National Final
4th stage – International Final
Procedure of the competition.
Competition starts on local (country / national) level and is divided into stages that leads to YOUNG CAR MECHANIC INTERNATINAL FINAL.
1st stage – theoretical test:
- On-line or paper test consits of 50-100 questions with multiple choice answers (3-4 answer choices with one or more correct answers);
- Recommended time allotted for fulfilling the test is maximum 1 minute for 1 question;
- Test shall be accomplished untill 29th February, 2020;
- Every participating country is responsible for 1st stage organization and can chose the date and time of test;
- Any student of vocational education institutions can participate in 1st stage of contest;
- In order to participate stdent have to make registration in dedicated YCM contest web page or test page.
2nd stage – theoretical or theoretical & practical test:
- On-line or paper theoretical or theoretical & practical test that consits of minimum 30 questions with multiple choice answers (3-4 answer choices with one or more correct answers);
- Time allotted for fulfilling the test is maximum 1 minute for 1 question;
- Test shall be accomplished untill 31st March, 2020;
- Every participating country is responsible for 2nd stage organization and can chose the date and time of test;
- Each country defines amount of particiapnts on 2nd stage independently and describes selection system in national contest reglament.
3rd stage – National Final:
- Contest with practical (and possible theroretical) tasks provided by spare parts & technologies producers, local empoyers, Inter Cars;
- General task overview and providing producer (brand) shall be announced minimum 1 month before NF;
- Recommended time allotted for fulfilling the task is 45 minutes + 15 minutes time gap between tasks;
- NF shall be accomplished at least 2 weeks before IF;
- Every participating country is responsible for 3rd stage organization and can chose the date and time of NF;
- Minimum 6 students that showed best results on 2nd stage of contest are invited to participate on NF (structure of finalists can be adjusted and limited for one education indtitution);
- Every finalist is accompanied by teacher.
4th stage – International Final:
- Contest with practical tasks provided by spare parts & technologies producers, and Inter Cars;
- General task overview and providing producer (brand) shall be announced minimum 1 month before IF;
- Pre-contest tasks announcement will be in English;
- Time allotted for fulfilling the task is 45 minutes + 15 minutes time gap between tasks;
- During one day of contest there can be not more then 6 tasks;
- The first task is chosen on a lottery basis, the next tasks are executed on a rotating basis;
- YCMot provide a number of tasks according to the number of finalists in order that all finalists accomplish the same amount of similar tasks;
- YCMot is responsible for 4th stage organization;
- Date and place of Inernational Final – Poland, Warsaw, 27th & 28th of June, 2020
- The best student from each participating country that fulfilled regulations of first 3 stages is invited to participate on IF;
- Every finalist is accompanied by teacher.
Evaluation of contest and announcement of results.
- Results of 1st and 2nd stages of contest shall be announced maximum 1 week after stage date;
- Results of 1st and 2nd stages of contest shall be announced and published in dedicated YCM contest web page and / or sent via e-mail to each participant and / or school representative (if defined);
- Tasks on 3rd and 4th stages of contest are evaluated in system of 50 points:
- 0 points – minimum
- 50 points – maximum
- The time spent on each task must be fixed along with the points obtained.
- Three criterias must be evaluated on each task:
- Attitude to customers property
- Usage of work safety means
- Work culture
- Evaluation of tasks on 3rd and 4th stages of contest are announced and explained immediately after finalist have finished each task;
- One task can be evaluated by one referee for all finalists. Referee can be changed only by decission of YCM ot in each country;
- The competition will be judged by experts asigned by YCMot;
- Finalist have to sign the evaluation sheet of task in order to aprove that results are announed and explained;
- FInalist can challenge / make protest of announced result to YCM ot not later then 15 minutes after task time is finished;
- Winners of all stages are determined by the amount of points they received. If several participants scored the same number of points, the place is determined by the total amount of time spent on the tasks.
Participants of YCM.
- Students of vocational or vocational secondary education programs of car mechanics;
- Students who have participated in the finals (3rd & 4th stage) of YCM previous years are not allowed to participate in IF;
- When registering (2nd, 3rd, 4th stages), each competitor must present an identity document (passport, driver’s license or ID card), student ID.
- The competition tasks shall be performed by the participants in appropriate working clothes.
- The competition is open to students of technical schools born on or after January 1, 1998, but older then 18 years on the first day of 3rd stage of the contest
- Finalist from each participating country shall be registered by aplying ones participation to YCM ot not later then 2 weeks before International Final.
Regulations and restrictions during the tasks on 3rd and 4th stages.
- Prior to the start of the competition tasks, the person responsible for competition task (referee) shall acquaint each finalist with the workplace health and safety rules;
- Each participant shall sign a statement regarding compliance with workplace health and safety rules;
- Accompanying persons (educators), early performers, and outsiders are prohibited from entering the competition task area during the exercise;
- Photographing and filming of competition workplaces while performing assignments is strictly prohibited, unless it is authorised by YCM ot;
- The competitor who has completed the task prematurely must remain at the place of performance until the end of the time allowed for the task;
- YCM ot has the right to decide whether a participant will be penalized or disqualified if the principles of fair competition are not respected or work health and safety rules are violated.
Language of YCM.
- Each participating country can chose language (or languages) of contest on 1st, 2nd and 3rd satges;
- Language on 4th stage (IF) is English;
- Description of tasks and objectives on IF is provided in national languages of all finalists, as well as in English;
- Only task referee can ask for translation support of the IC representative for additional explanations / translations, as well as evaluate interactions impact on result;
- All interactions of finalist and IC representative will be recorded in video and audio.
Supporters of the YCM.
- Participating coutries have the right to choose their cooperation partners;
- General supporters of the contest will be defined untill 31st December, 2019;
- General supporters of the contest should be offered to participate on NFs on the first hand.
Informational support and communication.
- Every participating country is obliged to develope, maintain and update dedicated contest web page;
- Vocational or vocational secondary educational intitutions are informed about contest news on the first hand;
- IC informational channels are considered as main informational support;
- Every particiapting country is obliged to provide prize fund for 3rd stage of the contest;
- Prize fund of the 4th stage of contest will be provided by Inter Cars S.A. and supporters;
- Awarding provides prizes for all 3 contest involved parties – students, teachers, eduacational institutions.
- Main prize of YCM IF will be announced untill 31st December, 2019;
- YCMot in each country is the administrator of personal data processed in connection with the Competition. YCMot appoints Data Protection Officer in each country;
- YCMot processes the information about the Participant provided in the statement, including information being personal data, in order to allow the Participant to take part in the Competition, using any security measures required in accordance with the applicable laws. (legal basis: legally justified interest of the administrator);
- Providing personal data is a condition to participate in the competition, in case when personal data will be not provided student can’t participate in the competition. The personal data will be stored until the competition ends;
- Each Participant has the right to access their personal data, correct it, supplement it and demand the cessation of data processing and its deletion. Each person is entitled to object to the processing of their personal data, file a complaint with the supervisory body and withdraw their consent any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to the withdrawal;
- Each person shall be entitled to object to the processing of their personal data based on the legally justified interest of the data controller and based on the objection to process their personal data for marketing purposes.
Annexes and Appendices.
- Contest reglament adapted to each participating country and language;
- Task overview and providers on 3rd stage of the contest;
- Task overview and providers on 4th stage of the contest;
- Prize fund of 3rd stage
- Prize fund of 4rd stage
- Main prize of 4th stage description
Contacts of YCMot.
ICBG – Mihail Nedkov – firstname.lastname@example.org
ICCZ -Lukáš Prušvic – email@example.com
ICEE – Jekaterina Starostina – jekaterina.starostina@
ICHU – András Piri – firstname.lastname@example.org
ICLT – Andrius Žilėnas – email@example.com
ICLV – Armands Umbraško – firstname.lastname@example.org
ICPL – Marek Sosnowski– email@example.com
ICRO – Petrisor Covaciu – Petrisor.Covaciu@intercars.eu
ICSK – Henrich Autner – firstname.lastname@example.org
ICUA – Oleksandra Shkurotyana – email@example.com